Friday, April 25, 2008

Hello from the Strombergs!




We "ate" all of our Euros! There is nothing like Italian Pizza! Sage is the same over seas as here!



I thought it was about time to show you some of our pictures from Italy! We had such an amazing, crazy, whirlwind trip! We traveled to Venice, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Trieste, and Maniago ( a little town where our friends lived). The Italian people were extremely kind and generous - if not a little bit awed by our presence. Every one we saw counted our kids. "Quatro Bambinos?" They all loved Hali though. "Ciao, Ciao bella." I recently learned that Ciao comes from an old Venetian saying that literally means, " I am your slave." Not quite sure how it turned into Hello and Goodbye but everyone says it.
We traveled non-stop to see so much of the country in only 9 days. You could stay in Italy for months and never see everything! We did get to see "The David." Sage said "she couldn't stop looking there." He was pretty handsome I do have to admit! Jace also peed in every place we went - including the Sistine Chapel (we used a diaper). I am writing a story about it. I'll email it one of these days! I guess that's what you get for dragging 4 little kids across the Atlantic and through Italy!


On top of the Duomo in Florence. We climbed 462 steps to the top. The Duomo - the dome - is covered in paintings of Heaven and Hell. Satan is literally biting the head off of one the people. Pretty gory stuff but, hey, maybe they scare their kids into being good! Maybe I should try that more often!
We took over 500 pictures on our trip so needless to say these are just a few of the highlights!
If you ever get the chance, Go to Italy!!!
Ciao!

1 comment:

LauraP said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! I think I was Sage's age when I went to Italy!